Words :: Jimmy Martinello.
I’ve been fortunate enough to spend more than 35 summers here in the Sea to Sky Corridor and I can wholeheartedly say one of my favourite weekends of the year is coming to Squamish at the end of August— The Arc’teryx Climbing Academy.
Rolling into its 15th anniversary this year, the Arc’teryx Academy is something my family and I look forward to every summer. It’s truly an amazing weekend of entertainment and activities including educational clinics, film premiers, live music and much more to create a real celebration of the culture of life in the wild.
Summers can get busy, especially in August as back-to-school season looms, but this weekend is not to be missed.
The Arc’teryx Academy days are filled with great climbing clinics, gear tents, demos, and outdoor fun but the nights are just as amazing. There are films, presentations, and every year the music is off the charts! Last year my kids were part of a whole crew dancing on stage having a blast—kids aged 4 to 15 just getting their boogie on while everyone else danced on the grass in the sweet Pavilion area of the park. You want to talk about building community and creating a strong culture around the sports we love? This is how you do it.
For 2022, I am super excited to once again be a part of the festivities. On opening night, Friday, I’m presenting a show called “Elevate the Soul”— photos and stories from some recent adventures around the world. Get more details on the weekend below and I’ll see you there!
August 26-28, 2022 brings the Climbing Academy back to Squamish for it’s 15th year for a bigger than ever event at Pavilion Park in downtown Squamish. There will be 3 days of educational clinics created in partnership with Canada West Mountain School and Arc’teryx athletes. Full programming is now live so head to the event website here to find out more.
KEY THINGS TO NOTE:
• Parking is very limited near Pavilion Park so we highly encourage you to ride your bicycle or walk to the evening events. OurSquamish will be onsite offering bike valet by donation. *please note, bike valet is by cash only donation
• With the exception being the bike valet, the rest of the event will be cashless so please expect bar and raffle ticket purchases to be done via credit or debit card
• Chairs will be available for the evening programming on a first-come-first-served basis.
• We will have a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage options available for sale during the evening events including Backcountry Brewing, Strait & Narrow Cocktails, Tality Kombucha and more.
• Doors open at 6:00PM and the programming will start at 7PM.
Follow @arcteryxacademy on Instagram for up to date information and announcements