Taking cues from its high-tech hiking and trail running footwear, the Salomon S-Lab X Alp Carbon GTX mountaineering boot is designed to allow you to move quickly and comfortably—from rugged approaches to glacier travel to summit pushes.
Unlike burlier expedition-ready boots, the X Alp sports a flexible Contagrip sole, the better to handle changing conditions, and a Carbon Edging chassis that provides support and power without sacrificing feel and versatility. Apart from these details, it has most of the hallmarks of a classic mountaineering boot: a zip gaiter with a Lycra collar and gusseted tongue to keep snow and debris out, an EVA and Ortholite footbed and midsole for lightweight cushioning and protection, and rubber toe and heel caps to increase durability and reduce impact.
Maybe most important is the Gore-Tex Performance Comfort waterproof and breathable membrane. It will keep your feet dry in snow, rain, and mud, all while moving moisture away from your foot so you don’t get excessively sweaty. Combined with the X Alp‘s foot-hugging Seamless Sensifit construction and Quicklace easy-cinching closure, this will give you confidence and precision on all types of terrain and in temperatures all the way down to 20 degrees, making it a perfect boot for fast and light single-day mountaineering trips.
- Fit Technologies: Sensifit™, Quicklace™ and a close-to-foot-last provide a precise fit.
- Carbon Edging Chassis: Patented chassis construction delivers great flexibility while remaining laterally stable.
- Contagrip: Grip and durability specially developed for mountaineering.
- Gore-Tex Performance Comfort waterproof and breathable membrane
- EVA and Ortholite footbed
- EVA midsole
- Zip gaiter with Lycra collar
- Rubber toe and heel caps and TPU mudguar
Heel and Toecap: Rubber