On a recent catskiing trip, I took the the Billabong Bode 20K for a whirl and was not disappointed. The jacket is extremely waterproof (20K with fully-taped seams), and its length (both overall, and in the sleeves) really kept the snow out. There are enough pockets to carry whatever you need, and the pass pocket in the sleeve is a nice touch for the resorts.
The fit is perfect: shoulders sit where they should, and mobility is not restrictive at all. The ergonomic cut really allows for a lot of coverage without feeling bulky. Style wise, it’s as classic as it gets, right down to the waxed canvas highlights and minimal branding highlights. And while I did experience slight snow build up on the canvas after a full day of deep powder slashes, I still remained warm and dry. So if you’re looking for a sharp looking, technical jacket with some colour, but don’t want to rock a clown suit on the slopes, Billabong‘s Bode is standout option. —Brian Peech
The Billabong Bode 20K snowboard jacket from the Bode Merrill collection.
- 20K waterproof / 20K breathable for heavy rain, wet snow and high pressure.
- Three layer allover inside print shell with wax coated canvas.
- Fully taped seams.
- Shield shoulder panel and elbow patches.
- Multi utility pockets.
- Adjustable velcro cuff.
- Front / back hood cinch.
- Hidden hem cinch.
- Chin guard.
- YKK center front zipper.
- Venting with no catch vent mesh.
- Sleeve lift pass pocket / metal lift ticket holder.
- Lycra hand gaiter.
- Brushed tricot hand warmer pockets.
- Key hook and goggle pocket.
- Waterproof adjustable powder skirt.
- Snaps and loops for jacket to pant interface