Introducing the Mountain Life Adventure Grant…
Mountain Life Media has been telling tales of adventure from all over the world for more than 15 years. It’s what we truly care about, and what we want to share.
In an effort to support amazing people and the outdoor exploits they embark on, we are proud to present the Mountain Life Adventure Grant. Aimed at supporting expeditions that push the limits of outdoor exploration, our goal is to help fund adventures with an eye for authenticity, diversity, and a healthy dose of wow-factor.
Applicants will be judged on previous experience in their chosen field of adventure, their expedition’s uniqueness and ethical responsibility, the potential for epic storytelling, the delivery of stunning photography and/or cinematography, and how it all relates to Mountain Life readers.
We can’t wait to see where your journey takes us.
Mountain Life supports unique expeditions that represent diversity in the adventure world, both in the people who undertake these endeavours and in the outdoor sport(s) they choose. We publish stories from all walks of mountain culture and lifestyle — climbing, skiing, snowboarding, hiking, mountaineering, kayaking, stand-up paddling, paragliding, mountain biking, canyoneering, trekking, canoeing, and other outdoor pursuits that align with our own Mountain Life voice.
‘Combo’ trips that undertake more than one outdoor pursuit, as well as worldwide trips that involve or empower locals and have a humanitarian, charitable aspect are strongly encouraged. We are looking for a well-rounded, well thought-out, ethically-responsible expeditions to help support. Think BIG —there are no geographical boundaries.
We are interested in keeping the tradition and culture of storytelling alive and well, and to promote our Grantees so they can continue to pursue their outdoor dreams.
The Small(ish) print
- Anything where participants require a bib number won’t be considered.
- We will require to see examples of writing, photography and cinematography as separate links within your proposal.
All proposals will be considered no matter whom. Professional athletes or big-name social media influencers aren’t a necessity.
- Participants must possess appropriate safety gear and communication devices relevant for the location and activity, and file a trip report with local authorities where necessary.
What we require from the expedition after successful completion:
- Written feature article(s) that will appear in one or more issues of Mountain Life Magazine.
- A selection of 40-60 diverse, high-resolution images to illustrate the written word. Images will be used in our publications and within all of our digital properties. We also reserve the right to use imagery to promote the ML Adventure Grant in the future.
- Black and white portraits (head shots) of all team members.
- If there is a video/film component to your expedition, we request that the Mountain Life logo be present in all forms of the video release.
- Opportunities also exist for one or more trip members to speak at MULTIPLICITY, our flagship storytelling event at the World Ski and Snowboard Festival.
Grant amounts are available from CAD$2,000.00 to CAD$5,000.00, based upon the overall scope and scale of the expedition*.
The deadline for applications is October 30, 2019.
Please send all expedition proposals, in PDF format, to [email protected]