Sponsored by evo.
evoTrip brings like-minded travelers together in the most vibrant and unspoiled destinations on earth. For years, evoTrip has offered full-immersion adventure travel experiences blending sport, culture and the outdoors in a way that highlights the human connection.
When you book your trip with evo, you draw on their years of experience and local partners to remove all the hiccups. At the same time, their trips are not planned to the minute—in other words, you can still adventure at your own pace.
evoTrips span the globe and you can pick your focus, from mountain biking to trekking to multisport to campervan to ski/snowboard to surf! Here we’ll highlight three B.C. ski/snowboard offerings.
Local backcountry skiers pulled together to build Journeyman Lodge near Whistler in the ’90s and it’s been a destination for deep-pow adventurists ever since.
With evo’s acquisition of Callaghan Country Wilderness Adventures (owner of the Journeyman) in late 2021, they can now offer an immersive snow experience just 20 minutes south of Whistler Village.
Whistler Blackcomb’s snowfall is legendary and averages almost 11 metres per year, thanks to maritime air masses that slide up the valley from Howe Sound to higher elevations. The even better news is that every snowstorm hits Callaghan Country first. On the protected side of Powder Mountain, the Upper Callaghan Valley boasts a micro-climate that takes that maritime air mass and turns it into even more white gold.
Nestled at 4500 feet, Journeyman Lodge offers authentic, unique, and customizable backcountry adventures that begin right outside the front door. Opportunities for backcountry skiing/splitboarding and x-country skiing are endless.
Trip Package Includes:
- Backcountry guiding services for 3 full days
- Transfer to and from lodge by snowcat (luggage transfer included, maximum 40lbs per a guest + ski/board equipment)
- 3 nights lodge accommodation (based on double occupancy room) See FAQ for rooming details.
- All meals (continental breakfast, bagged lunches, 3-course dinner, apres-ski appetizers, hot & cold non-alcoholic beverages)
- Use of lodge amenities including sauna, guest toboggans and snowshoes
- Arbor Splitboard and skins
- 20% off code to evo.com (exclusions apply)
- Ignik Hand Warmers.
Nelson & Baldface Valhalla
Shred a few stops on B.C.’s legendary Powder Highway as you join evo’s friends at Mint Tours for the deepest big-mountain snow experience out there. Shralp the endless trails of Whitewater Ski Resort and Red Mountain, then carve first tracks in Baldface Valhalla.
The latter is a new cat-ski tenure nestled one valley over from Baldface Mountain. evo has lined up a snowcat just for their group, tapping over 21,000 acres of untracked powder. Expect lengthy fall-line descents with numerous chutes, cliffs and exposed lines—for advanced shralpinists only! Groups stay in downtown Nelson to live and breathe the Kootenay lifestyle.
Trip Package Includes:
- 2 days of backcountry shredding at Baldface Valhalla
- Guide services and avalanche safety course for cat ski days
- Mint guides on hand throughout tour
- Transfers from Nelson to Baldface Valhalla
- Lunches, snacks and use of backcountry safety equipment for cat ski days
- 6 nights single share accommodation in a private lodge, private ensuite room
- Continental breakfast daily
- Spokane Airport Transfers, arrival and departure day
- 2 days resort transfers, Nelson to Whitewater
- 1 day resort transfer, Nelson to RED Mountain
- 2 guided days at Whitewater
- 1 guided days at RED Mountain
- 2 day lift ticket, Whitewater
- 1 day lift ticket, RED Mountain
- 20% discount code to evo.com (exclusions apply)
Whitecap Hut Trip
Seventy-five clicks northeast of Whistler and 50 km northeast of Pemberton, Whitecap offers 85 sq. km of terrain with a winning combo of valleys, glades and shred-friendly ridgelines. Your guides know the region inside out and will take you deep into the best terrain available based on safety, snowpack and group goals.
With a genuine off-grid, cabin-in-the-mountains feel, McGillivray Pass Lodge nonetheless boasts every modern amenity you could want, plus five outbuildings with a range of beds from doubles to bunks.
Guests will fly via helicopter to the Lodge, where touring is available right from your door, with UIAGM/ACMG certified guides to help you find your dream stashes.
Trip Package Includes:
- Four nights accommodation in a double or quad room at McGillivray Pass Lodge
- A certified U.I.A.G.M / A.C.M.G mountain guide
- Helicopter transport into and out of the lodge from Anderson Lake 45 minutes from Pemberton Airport
- All meals prepared by the McGillivray Pass Lodge
- An Arc’teryx Proton LT Hoodie
- One-time 20% off discount code for evo.com.
Check the ML Podcast!