We want our layers to work hard and play hard. That is, we want them to work when we’re playing, no matter what’s happening outside.
Your layering system changes a lot from season to season, but the Polartec Power Grid FZ Hoody (FZ = full-zip) is the catch-all that never leaves the backpack or hang-hook.
From sweaty ski tours to shoulder-season hiking and bouldering, the Power Grid is Mountain Hardwear’s most technical midlayer fleece featuring 60% recycled polyester and a classic grid-backer construction that traps warmth and aids in moisture management.
We plan to pack it for summer paddling trips; for cooler nights it lends just enough warmth but won’t overheat you. And on blustery/rainy days it will serve well under a shell.
- Uses: Alpine Climbing, Rock Climbing, Backpacking / Hiking, Camping.
- Moisture wicking Polartec® Power Grid™ adds superior warmth while remaining extremely breathable and packable.
- Three-piece scuba hood for the perfect fit with elastic binding.
- Color blocked, zippered chest pocket.
- Two zippered hand pockets with brushed mesh lining.
- Stretch-knit fabric panels and thumbholes at cuffs.
- Elastic binding on hem to seal in warmth.
- Reflective heat-transfer MHW logo at chest pocket.
More from Mountain Hardwear here.