Wildhorn was founded in Utah in 2015, part of a promising new age of outdoor companies. Their gear is affordable and their business model promotes sustainability. Through an ongoing conservation grant, the Reef2Leaf Program, Wildhorn supports initiatives like the Coral Restoration Foundation.
We recently tried out their Dover Men’s Ski Jacket and Bowman Men’s Snow Pants and we’re pleased to report that they stand up very well against the expensive big-dog brands—and at half the price. In both thoughtful design and weatherproof quality, Wildhorn gear feels top-end. Another plus: In Canada, they fulfill their shipping through Amazon.ca, so you won’t get dinged at the border with extra shipping charges as with some other U.S. brands.
Dover Men’s Ski Jacket Features:
- EXTREME WEATHER PROTECTION: 12k waterproof rating with Dupont DWR coating the 2-way stretch performance mechanical shell has fully taped critical seams for an extra layer of protection against slushy snow. Bluebird skies or white out ski days the Dover winter coat for men offers just the right amount of waterproofing no matter the weather.
- UNOBSTRUCTED VISION: Wild winds are inevitable at the peak. Wildhorn’s Dover men’s ski jacket offers a horizontal and vertical fully insulated 2-way adjustable hood to add an extra layer between you and Mother Nature. And it’s helmet-compatible. The ergonomic design offers a full range of motion and vision in and out of bounds.
- ALL YOU’LL NEED: Nobody wants to be the gaper who slows the lift line because they can’t scan their ski pass. So we added an integrated easy access sleeve pass pocket into our snow jacket. It may be freezing outside but after a couple of runs, things can get a little toasty. The pit zip heat-release ventilation zones keep you comfortable all day long.
- COVERAGE FROM DEEP SNOW: The integrated powder skirt is built to prevent snow from building up into your layers while you slash and turn in powder. For groomer days Wildhorn designed a front-facing housing area with snap holds to keep the skirt tucked away when not in use.
Bowman Men’s Snow Pant Features:
- MADE TO MOVE: With an articulated 360° fit and feel, these ski/snowboard pants offer freedom to move with the mountain. Ergonomically designed for any type of skier or snowboarder, the pants give more room for a natural bend in whatever stance you prefer. The smartly designed sloped waistband provides full coverage and motion dynamic comfort. Check the sizing chart to choose the best size for you.
- HEART OF THE WASATCH: The 100% zoned warmth insulated liner features Wildhorn’s signature Wasatch camo print showcasing some of their favorite local mountain peaks. The integrated inseam vents with breathable mesh gussets create a heat-release cool down for when the sun comes out. Whether you’re trekking the backcountry or making inbound runs our gripper elastic gaiters keep the soft powder out of your pants.
- ALL YOU’LL NEED: Leave the backpack at home and hit the slopes in your future Bowman ski pants. They not only offer a made-to-move fit but have enough storage for all your on-mountain necessities. Easy access with or without a jacket, our snow pant has 2 fully water-resistant low slung front pockets and 2 external side wrap cargo pockets. Designed to always keep snow out, they added two bulk-free single layer interior back pockets with hook and loop closures.
- DETAILED TO THE HEM: For the finishing touches Wildhorn added an adjustable leg opening with a durable zip closure so putting your boots on and taking them off will never be a challenge. Sometimes the best lines are worth hiking for. The closed leg opening and scuff guard panels offer extra protection from snow and abrasions from movement.