John Cairns has done many extreme things. He’s trekked to Everest Base Camp, and summited Kilimanjaro, but a driveway full of wet, slippery ice made him the most nervous. Until he found Merrell’s exclusive Arctic Grip.
Watch him test his limits – and the potential of these boots – on a glacier in the Canadian Rockies. And read John’s story here.
With ground-breaking technology, specifically designed for wet ice, Arctic Grip is the most advanced cold-weather system Vibram has ever created. Opening a whole new world of performance, allowing you to tread with confidence no matter what the conditions. Always know where you’re standing with Arctic Grip’s thermochromatic lugs, which change colour to signal icy conditions underfoot. With best in class lug design and a confidence-inspiring outsole, Arctic Grip provides unmatched traction on wet ice, during winter’s harshest conditions.
Merrell offers many winter options with Arctic Grip underfoot. The Thermo Rhea Mid (below) is just one among many.
Built by women, for women, this capable winter hiker features insulation technology where women need it most and Vibram Arctic Grip Dura 2 wet ice technology for confidence on all winter terrain.
• M Select™ DRY impermeable membrane seals out water and lets moisture escape
• Waterproof full-grain leather upper
• Medial side zip for ease of entry
• Conductor™ fleece lining for added warmth
• 200 grams of Primaloft®Gold Series insulation
• Additional 2 mm Women’s-specific Primaloft® Aerogel over-the-toe insulation traps in heat where women need it most–even when compressed
• Merrell Kinetic Fit™ BASE removable contoured insole for flexible support
• Compression-molded EVA midsole for stability and comfort
• Molded nylon arch shank
• Merrell exclusive Vibram® Arctic Grip® Dura 2 outsole for added durability and abrasion resistance plus grip on wet ice and packed snow
• 5mm lug depth
• Weight: 2lbs 3oz / 980g.