- Lightweight, windproof shell fabric has high tear-strength and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish, and is made of 100% recycled polyester
- 700-fill-power 100% Recycled Down (duck and goose down reclaimed from down products) is compressible and warm; quilt-through construction keeps down in place
- Full-length zipper with wind flap; zipper garage eliminates chin chafe
- Two zippered handwarmer pockets with reflective webbing pulls
- Spandex binding around armholes; elasticized back hem.
Patagonia’s 100% Recycled Down: What’s the Story?
Recycled Down is a mix of either 600- or 700-fill-power goose and duck down reclaimed from cushions, bedding and other used items that can’t be resold. It is hypoallergenic and offers the identical performance benefits to virgin down.
There was already a market in Europe for recycled down and feathers, but it took some time before Patagonia found the perfect partners who were able to meet their standards. Both the collector and the processor they partner with are family-owned and share their values for high quality and uncompromising performance.
Patagonia’s demand for high-quality Recycled Down has already led to an increase in supply. By plucking some of their down (and associated fabrics) from the trash, they reduce discards; help expand and add value to the recycling stream; and more fully realize their mission to “build the best product, cause no unnecessary harm, and use business to inspire and implement solutions to the environmental crisis.”