Hemp (Cannabis sativa) has been prized and cultivated for its strong, durable fibre (and for its nutritious seeds) for thousands of years. Hemp would seem a natural material for Tilley, already well-known for their long-lasting, outperforming hats. One of their latest hemp creations, the medium-brim TH5 Hemp Hat, provides all the functionality and classic lines of a Tilley in a tough 100% hemp construction.
Much like cotton, hemp fades in the sun, meaning the TH5 Hemp Hat will develop its own character over time and the adventures taken. And it may look and feel like linen, but Tilley’s hemp is tough as nails, and won’t let you down on trail after trail. We found the weave to be exceptionally breathable and very comfortable next to skin.
Look forward to:
- Maximum sun protection – fabric is certified UPF 50+, the highest given.
- Lots of character – the fabric will fade and soften over time & sun exposure.
- Guaranteed for life
- Water-repellent finish keeps off the rain
- Front & back wind cords system secures Hat in gusty conditions
- Hydrofil® sweatband to wick moisture away
- Keep valuables safe in the secret pocket
- Buoyancy – stays afloat in water
- Made in Canada.
Brim size: Front: 2 5/8″; Back: 2 3/4″; Sides: 2 1/8″
Weight: 5.3 oz / 150 g
Fabric: 100% hemp fabric
Check out Tilley’s Clean Trail initiative (#CleanATrail) here.