Want to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and passionate environment? Love the outdoors and intriguing personalities? Have a great sense of what makes a good story? If you answered yes to any of these questions, we want to hear from you.
Mountain Life Media is seeking an experienced, organized and proactive professional to join our team.
Our digital and social media platforms are key drivers for our business, and we need a connected, resourceful and solution-oriented individual at the helm of all our digital platforms, to ensure continued brand success in the future. Passion is king at Mountain Life.
Digital Strategy & Coordination
Responsible for the day-to-day content management, coordination and organization of all of our social media channels plus mountainlifemedia.ca.
Create, curate and aggregate content for our website and social media channels
• Two posts to site per day
• Create original content as needed, based on our diverse readership and brand focus.
• Edit copy + edit / size/ curate photos for web posts
• Rewrite print copy and press releases for web
• One Instagram post per day, regular IG stories and takeovers
• Communicate with brand partners to promote company initiatives, athletes, etc.
• Manage Facebook posts + FB boosting/advertising
• Watch for / share potential relative viral content
• You will be a proactive member of our team, staying on top of the fast-paced digital world to keep us relevant amongst our readers and advertisers
• You possess impeccable organizational and communication skills
• You are acutely aware of Mountain Life, our voice and what we represent in today’s media landscape
• Work with key national brands and local businesses to generate more online revenue opportunities
• Lead by example to establish a bombproof content-delivery system with clear guidelines
Your position will involve the following in an effort to continue to build our core audience:
• Coordination and posting of all partner/ambassador branded content (content, contests and gear features)
• Utilize cross-platform, ML-specific digital media campaigns to work hand-in-hand with key partners and advertisers
• Editing and curating of original content and re-purposing content from our award-winning print publications
• Orchestrate PR blitzes after each ML issue launches (9x/year) to leverage continued success of print and digital fusion.
• Work together with sales reps to deliver unique campaigns, both paid and value-added
• Writing frequent original content
• Leveraging social media networks of our advertisers and contributors with all of our content to increase site traffic
• Writing catchy headlines for all content to ensure reader response Public Relations Campaigns
• Get people talking about us to grow our reader and advertiser base
• Paying attention to what has great potential for virility
• Develop unique and cost-effective campaigns — connecting with outdoor influencers, industry figureheads, outdoor sports legends
Experience and Requirements
• Fluency in all aspects of Word Press, Google Doubleclick for Publishers, Hootsuite (or other SM platform), Photoshop, Dropbox, WeTransfer and other image-management software
• Proficiency in Excel, Google docs/sheets and Adobe Acrobat (Organization will play a crucial role)
• In-depth knowledge of social media
• You MUST be an active participant in outdoor sports, and act as an ambassador for Mountain Life
This is a full-time contract position for one year, starting June 1st, 2018. You will be expected to put in no fewer than 40 hours/week*.
*mandatory 20cm. rule is always in effect Remuneration is $45,000 CAD/year. (with other opportunities to earn additional income.)
Deadline for application is Thursday May 24 at 5 p.m. PST
Please send a cover letter and resume to Todd Lawson at [email protected]