The Vancouver International Mountain Film Festival (VIMFF) and Mountain Equipoment Co-op (MEC) are proud to announce applications are now being accepted for this year’s Adventure Grant—a grant to enable local explorers and adventurers to undertake their dream expeditions.
The MEC Adventure Grant will award funds to local teams who have exploratory and human powered objectives in adventurous arenas. The aim is to support Canadian adventures both in our own backyard and around the world, while promoting a multitude of outdoor pursuits and bringing the resulting story to the VIMFF stage for our community to enjoy.
Details & Requirements:
- The MEC Adventure Grant opens for applications November 7th, 2017 and closes December 31, 2017.
- Recipients of the grants will be awarded at the 21st annual VIMFF in February 2018.
- The supported expedition must take place between February 2018 and January 2019.
- The MEC Adventure grant is open to Canadian residents of British Columbia and Alberta only.
- Expeditions must be exploratory in nature.
- Any and all human powered outdoor pursuits will be considered, including: cycling, hiking, trail running, climbing, skiing and paddling.
- There are no geographical restrictions regarding the expedition.
- Expedition participants must be extensively prepared, through both physical training and gear preparation.
- Recipients must be self-reliant and carry appropriate safety gear and communication devices relevant for the location and activity.
- Participants must minimize environmental impacts and practice safe, responsible use of the outdoors.
- The trip must take place between February 18th, 2018 and January 2019.
- At least one member of the team must give a presentation on their trip at the VIMFF in February 2019.
- A trip report must be submitted to VIMFF for use in VIMFF and/or MEC social media channels, online blogs, or print advertising.
- Photographs and/or video from the expedition must be submitted to VIMFF for use in VIMFF and/or MEC social media channels, websites and/or print advertising.
- VIMFF and MEC are acknowledged in any communication about the expedition including published photos, slide shows, articles, etc.
The recipients will be announced at VIMFF in February 2018.