To celebrate the inaugural Dragon World Championships, the first ever dedicated stand up paddleboard team racing event, we’re giving you the chance to win a VIP trip for 2 to Barbados.
In collaboration with Visit Barbados and Sugar Bay Barbados Beach Resort, Mountain Life Media and Red Paddle Co. are offering a VIP all-inclusive trip for 2 to Barbados for 4 nights to one lucky pair. Plus, with the Dragon World Championships event being an open competition, if you choose to enter, you’re in with a chance of being the very first World Champion!
The prize includes
- 2 return economy flights from the anywhere in North America to Barbados: 27th October > 1st November.
- Four nights all-inclusive accommodation at Sugar Bay Barbados Beach Resort
- Selected food and drinks during the event at the Dragon World Championships
- Automatic entry into the Dragon World Championships with free use of a Red Paddle Co Dragon board for use at the events. (You will be placed with 2 other team mates for the races if you are interested in taking part in the Championships).
Please read the terms and conditions at the bottom of this page before entering.
The competition closes at 9 p.m. (PST) on Saturday, September 1, 2017.
About the event
Red Paddle Co, the world’s most popular stand up paddleboard brand, took a bold move last October and launched the world’s first inflatable 22 ft, 4 person racing SUP. To give this multi-human behemoth a space to really shine, the Dragon World Series was create!
The series began in Hong Kong in February this year, with 30 other events being held this summer around the world. The season will come to an autumn climax at the inaugural Dragon World Championships in Carlisle Bay, Barbados at the end of October, blending fast, fun racing with a Caribbean festival party vibe.
Each race will vary in length and format and have been designed to test team camaraderie, co-ordination, and determination, as much as flat out speed and power. There will be several divisions enabling people of all ages and abilities to take part. With celebrations and entertainment throughout the day and running on late into the night, the Championships are set to be the ultimate paddleboard event.
The location of our inaugural Dragon World Championships was never under question. For us, Barbados always seemed like the perfect spot. From white powdery beaches to turquoise-green waters encompassing the entire island, this idyllic haven has a little something for everyone. Whether it’s soaking up the rays from your sun-lounger, sampling the fresh local cuisine or trying your luck at some daredevil water sports, you certainly won’t want to be leaving anytime soon. It’s time to escape reality and discover the picturesque utopia that is Barbados. visitbarbados.org
Now what’s an enjoyable holiday without a good night’s rest?! That’s exactly why we’ve teamed up with Sugar Bay Barbados Beach Resort, the ULTIMATE luxurious hotel, lying right alongside the beautiful aqua-green Caribbean Sea. Only 20 minutes from the airport and 2 minutes from Bridgetown, the capital of Barbados, the location couldn’t be more ideal for those of you looking to explore the island! With a range of recreation activities offered, including water sports and spa facilities, you’ll soon feel right at home! sugarbaybarbados.com
For more information about the Dragon World Championships visit dragonworldseries.com
Terms & Conditions
- This prize draw is open to residents of North America aged 18 years or over, except employees of Red Paddle Co, BTMI, Sugar Bay Hotels, Mountain Life, their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the draw.
- Details of how to enter form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries must be submitted via mountainlifemedia.ca and entry is restricted to one per person. Once submitted, entries cannot be amended in any way.
- Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries or entries sent through agencies and third parties will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of despatch will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The winner will be drawn at random from all entries received by the closing date. The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending a sae to Red Paddle Co Barbados Holiday Prize Draw Winner, Unit 12, Halwell Business Park, Totnes, Devon, UK. TQ9 7LQ. Between the 2nd September and 1st October 2017
- All entries must be received by midnight on Friday 1st September
- The winner will be contacted within 14 days of the closing date of the prize draw. Should the Promoter be unable to contact the winner or should the winner be unable to accept the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner, drawn in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The prize as described is available on the date of publication.
- One winning entrant will win a four night stay for two people at Sugar Bay Hotel, Barbados, departing on or around October 27th and returning on or around November 1st, 2017. Exact dates will be dependent on departure location. The prize includes 4-star accommodation at the Sugar Bay hotel based on two adults sharing a twin or double room on an all-inclusive basis comprising breakfast, lunch and dinner and premium beverages within the resort; selected food and drinks during the Dragon World Championship events; automatic entry into the Dragon World Championships; two return Economy flights from North America to Bridgetown Airport, Barbados; transfers to and from Bridgetown airport in Barbados.
- The prize does not include travel travel insurance, food and drink outside of the resort and events, personal expenditure or incidental costs, other than where mentioned. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to ensure they have a valid passport and travel insurance and obtain any necessary vaccinations and visas for their trip.
- During the Dragon World Championships if the prize winner chooses to partake in any races they will be placed with 2 other team mates for the races at Red Paddle Co’s choosing.
- The prize is available on the stated dates only and is subject to availability, non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- The winner may be required to participate in publicity.
- Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
Promoter: Red Paddle Co, Unit 12, Halwell Business Park, Totnes, Devon. UK. TQ9 7LQ