Astonishingly breathable and packable, the MEC Obsession Hoodie uses breakthrough Polartec Alpha for warmth with air permeability. Most insulated jackets have a tightly woven outer layer, which limits their breathability. With a light soft shell fabric covering the insulation and stretch panels through the back and underarms, the Obsession offers venting that won’t shut down your ability to move. It’s DWR-treated to shed water when you wear it as an outer layer, and the streamlined cut works as a mid-layer for alpine climbing and skiing.
- Winner of the Polartec Apex award that honours inspiring design and technical innovation.
- Outer fabric is Toray light soft shell that breathes exceptionally well. Panels of stretch soft shell add mobility through the back, underarms and cuffs.
- Quilted Polartec High Pile Alpha on the chest, upper back and tops of arms remains warm and breathable in damp conditions.
- Outer surfaces are DWR-treated for protection from wetness.
- Lined with ripstop nylon with high air permeability.
- Snug, scuba-style hood slips under a helmet.
- Internal stormflap covers zipper and a foldover chinguard protects your skin.
- Raglan style sleeves for comfort under pack straps.
- Zippered pocket on side seams hold the map or an energy bar.
- Elastic hem and cuffs to seal warmth in and weather out.
|Face fabric||20-denier ripstop nylon|
|Insulation||80g/sq. m polyester|
Durable water repellency