Passport poles are the lightest Helinox poles available. The Tension Lock Adjustable is a four section pole with one twist lock section at the top for adjustability. These are the most versatile Passport poles in terms of packed length, adjustability, and minimal weight. Available through Big Agnes.
- Made by DAC, the leading manufacturer of tent poles, Helinox® poles incorporate many of the advanced features and quality found in our tent poles.
- Passport Series Helinox Poles are ideal for travel – available in pairs as well as singular.
- Tension Lock- A very clean and simple locking mechanism. Just pull up on the top shaft until the pole locks into place. Press the release button for an equally simple collapse.
- Easy to use and pack for travel.
- Helinox poles are engineered with DAC’s proprietary aluminum alloy, TH72M, which provides superior strength to weight characteristics. TH72M aluminum alloy is exclusive to Helinox trekking poles which results is incredibly lightweight poles.
- DAC Green Anodizing involves no nitric or phosphoric acid and greatly reduces water consumption by using recycled water for rinsing.
- The rule of thumb for fitting a trekking pole is that your elbow should be bent 90° so your forearm is parallel to the ground when holding your poles. Your personal preference as well as the terrain will influence the exact height of your trekking poles. To get an idea of the approximate length pole you need, bend your elbow 90° and use the measurement from the ground to the top of your fist.
For more, check out https://www.bigagnes.com/