The Arc’Teryx Beta LT Hybrid Jacket is a masterpiece of pro-level waterproof-breathable/windproof protection that packs down small and travels light. The thoughtful design is clearly the result of Arc’Teryx’s backcountry testing program, where they send athletes and staff with prototype garments into remote and usually inhospitable conditions – where packability and light weight are as important as reliable four-season performance.
Instead of needing two jackets – a lightweight one that will fold away unnoticed in your pack when you don’t need it, plus a heavier-duty one for extremes of freezing rain and wind – the Beta LT Hybrid serves as both.
The cunning design uses what Arc’Teryx calls “hybrid mapping” so different materials (including two types of Gore-Tex) deliver durability where needed, and lightweight fabric technologies where they make the most sense.
Anatomical shaping and ergonomic patterning combine for fit, comfort and mobility. Gussets under the arms allow the arm to flex without the sleeve riding up, and the hood cinches securely to move with the head, increasing freedom and peripheral vision. Our tester rated the hood and front zip very highly, as well as the responsive drawcords, articulated elbows, and powerful all-weather blocking happily married to breathability. Full feature list below. Women’s and men’s styles available.
FULL FEATURE LIST
- Packs up small for easy travel storage
- Taped seams for added weatherproofness
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps bead water from fabric surface
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- Hybrid technology—combining materials to enhance functionality and performance
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Articulated elbows
- e3D Ergonomic 3-Dimensional patterning for enhanced comfort and mobility
- Gusseted underarms
- Laminated brim
- Helmet compatible DropHood™
- Adjustable hood drawcords
Zippers & Fly Configuration
- Pit zippers for easy venting
- Zipper garages to protect zipper closure from snow and rain
- Micro corded zipper pulls
- WaterTight™ Vislon front zip with chin guard and wind flap
Cuff & Sleeves Configuration
- Die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters reduce bulk, and won’t catch or tear off
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Drop back hem
- Two hand pockets with WaterTight™ zippers
- Note: WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture.